Friday, June 1, 2007

Gear

So my brother was questioning how the hell I'm going to transport all my shit with me when I head down to California in a couple weeks. And ya know what, that's a good question. I've spent a fair amount of time getting everything organized, but I haven't really put up any information about it. So, now you get to read about all the crap I'm taking.

First up we have a pic of the entire bike. You can see the tail bag on the back with my sleeping bag on top. I can attach it with some bungie cords, but they just aren't shown here in the picture. Up front we have the tank bag (sitting on the gas tank of all places) with my helmet on top of it, and then my backpack draped across the seat. The backpack is pretty small so hopefully it doesn't hurt my shoulders too much. It's also got a water bladder in it and a small hose so I can drink water on the go. That'll come in handy when I'm going across the fucking middle of nowhere.

Here is a close up shot of the rear tail bag with the sleeping bag bungied to the top.
And a closeup of the tank bag. It's got a nice large clear pouch on top where I can place maps so I know where the hell I'm going.
The backpack
My helmet and two pairs of gloves. These are the two pairs that I'll most likely be taking with me. I have like 5 pairs total.
And lastly my jacket. It's nice heavy leather with extra armor padding in the shoulders, back, and elbows.
I've got a pair of new riding jeans on order which should show up in the next day or two, so I'll put up some pics of those when they show up. I'll probably also get some new boots.

No comments: