Friday, June 15, 2007

Stupid Fuse!

So I picked my bike up from the shop the other day for it's 12k mile service. When I got it back the service techs told me that the horn and my brake light weren't working. Not only that but my tires were getting down and should probably be replaced soon. I went home and started poking around with my Volt-Ohm meter to try and isolate the problem with the light and the horn. I didn't think it could be a fuse because the rest of the tail lights worked just fine. But after checking the fuse box I noticed that the same fuse controlled both the brake light and horn! Popped in a new 25 cent fuse and everything worked again. Now, I take full responsibility for my own idiocy, but don't you think that a trained tech should be bright enough to recognize this? Wouldn't he already know that a fuse controls those two things and if they both go out take the 30 seconds to look? It was already in for a major service! This shit really pisses me off. And why did they tell me about the tires as I was picking it up? Why the hell didn't they call me that first day they looked at it and told me about that so they could order up some new ones and get it taken care of? They would make some money, and I would get the new tires I need. Morons. So today I called over to the other bike shop in town where my friend Erick works and they have the tires that fit my bike. So he's going to do me a huge favor and get them installed for me today so I can have a fresh set of tires before I head down to California on Sunday. Thanks man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they dont think for themselves...they just use a machine to diagnose the other machine...if they dont do that for bikes, they are really more hobbyists