Friday, May 30, 2008

Recap: Day Seven

Day Seven Route - 602miles - Ogden, UT to Pullman, WA

Got up at the crack of dawn and headed out right away. I had called my friend Kevin who located a motorcycle shop for me in Twin Falls, ID where I could get a new front tire put on the bike. It was worn down to the point where all of the tread was gone and the front end was sliding all over the place on me as I rode. I stopped in at Action Cycle Sports in Twin Falls at 9am just as they were opening and they were able to get me right in and replace the tire in just over a half hour. They were fantastic and I can't say enough good things about them. The first half of the day was boring as shit as I covered 300 miles of freeway between Ogden and Boise.

I grabbed some lunch in Boise and headed out to find a gas station. Unfortunately I came up a block and a half short. The damn bike ran out of gas with a Chevron right down the road. I was forced to walk the bike down the street, across a cross walk and over a grass embankment to get gas for the damn thing. That musta been a crazy sight.

From there I headed North to try to get to Pullman where my friend Kevin lives so I could crash at his place for the night. Somewhere along the way I managed to pick up two more tickets. One for 95 in a 65 and another for 84 in a 65. Pretty fabulous end to a tiring day.

No comments: