Friday, May 30, 2008

Recap: Day Five

Ahhh, a day off, how sweet it is. Got up Tuesday morning and exchanged text messages with JD and found out that the BMW dealer in Bakersfield did not have the necessary part to fix his bike, so they were renting a U-Haul and bringing the bike up to the dealer in Vegas who did in fact have the part. This basically meant that the whole day was going to be spent fixing bikes rather than riding, which was just fine by me, I needed a day off to rest and recoup. Turned out that one of the other BMW riders had his shift lever fall off somewhere and he needed to get that replaced as well. So the guys got those fixed and they also got new tires put on their bikes just to be safe.

Since my brother had the day off we were able to spend the day goofing off. We washed the bike up and my brother (the photographer) used a Super Clamp and mounted his Canon 5D along with a remote trigger to the frame of my bike. We headed off outside of town to a nice road and were able to get some really awesome pictures. Basically I would ride past Chris and he would use his camera to take some pictures causing both his camera and the one mounted to my bike to fire simultaneously. I was under strict orders not to take any left hand corners too hard seeing as how four thousand dollars worth of camera gear were hanging off the side of my bike! We did a few runs with the super clamp on the bike, but it was really getting in my way and making it difficult to change gears so we took it off and did several more passes without them.

Grilled up some steaks for dinner and topped it all off with a couple margaritas. Not a bad way to spend the day. It was great seeing my brother again. I've only got to spend a few days with him since he moved to Utah so we got in some good brotherly bonding time.





No comments: