Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Routes

After talking to some of my riding companions the last riding schedule was a bit, shall we say, ambitious. Numerous back to back 500 mile days can get very tiring very quickly, so I came up with a new set of routes stopping at my brothers place in Utah on the fourth night. I doubt this will end up being our actual route. All the guys I'm riding with are a little older than me and may not be up for the long distance back to back days and want to wing it a bit more each day. I swear I must be part Russian because I can't take a dump without a plan.

Day One: 508 miles - Seattle WA to Baker City, OR

Day Two: 447 miles - Baker City, OR to Pocatello, ID

Day Three: 440 miles - Pocatello, ID to Price, UT

Day Four: 406 miles - Price, UT to Washington, UT (my brother lives in Washington)

Day Five: 497 miles - Washington, UT to Cortez, CO

Day Six: 450 miles - Cortez, CO to Rock Springs, WY

Day Seven: 393 miles - Rock Springs, WY to Bozeman, MT

Day Eight: 420 miles - Bozeman, MT to Lewiston, ID

Day Nine: 373 miles - Lewiston, ID to Seattle, WA

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You definitely get the planning thing from my side of the family. It came from my father's mother (your grandmother), and my sister and I are MASTERS of the plan. I am proud to see that you are carrying on the family tradition. Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Routing looks much more rational now - good thinking!