Tuesday, July 24, 2007

New Rearsets

About two weeks ago I bought a new pair of black CycleCat Rearsets (foot controls for the lingo impared) from another Ducati owner in California. They didn't fit his bike so I got them for almost $200 cheaper than MSRP. Well they finally showed up last week and I installed them on Thursday all by myself. I was pretty happy with myself for doing all the work on my own without even needing the instructions. Part of the installation involved relocating the rear brake master cylinder which caused a lot of air to get into the brake lines. The one thing I couldn't do on my own was bleed the brakes as I had never done it before and wanted to make sure I was doing it right. Well last night my good friend Erick came over and showed me exactly how to do it. So now I can actually ride my bike again as the rear brakes finally work. The rearsets have about a million different adjustements that can be made to them so I have to spend some time tweaking everything to get the feel just right. The first time I took it out the shift lever was so high I couldn't even get it into second gear.

So after all that I took my bike into the shop this morning for some scheduled maintenance. The last time it was in was before I left for California over 4,000 miles ago. I had to order a new chain and both new sprockets because mine were just beat to shit. And of course even though they were ordered two weeks ago they still had not shown up yet to the shop. Gotta love getting parts from Italy! As I was riding to the shop this morning I couldn't feel my rear brake lever, so I looked down and it was just hanging there. I stopped and it turns out that the brake linkage had come loose so I had lost my connection to the brakes. Fun. So now that it has finally stopped raining and the sun has come out and I could actually ride again for the first time in a week, my bike is in the shop. Bummer.

Anyway, here are the pics of my new rearsets:

New Rearsets on my table:
Old Setup:
Right Side Installed
Left Side Installed
New Setup

No comments: