Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ride in Seattle

So last Saturday (May 12) I got up at the crack of dawn to get on the 7am Bainbridge ferry over to Seattle. Cruised up to Ducati Seattle and met up with at least 20 other Ducati guys for a ride. It was a pretty awesome sight, there were over 20 bikes there, all Ducatis. Everything from a couple low end Monsters (like mine) all the way up to a brand new 1098S and a 999R, not to mention multiple seriously tricked out monsters.

Unfortunately I don't really know the Seattle area all that well so I don't know where we went. I know we started off heading down the 520 freeway heading East. We were haulin ass when the guys up front spotted a white Crown Vic sitting along the shoulder and we all had to slam on our brakes. He was still sitting in his car pointing his radar down the road when I passed him, and no one got pulled over, so it was pretty lucky. We stopped at a Starbucks somewhere along the way and picked up a few more riders and headed East out of town.

We had a huge line of Duc's all following this one green SUV along some farm road. When he slowed down to turn off a few guys moved out to go around him, but some crazy woman pushed a fucking wheelbarrow out into the road RIGHT in the way of everyone. She looked right at us and pointed it down the road at everyone and just started walking down the middle of the road right at us. We all had to split around her just to keep going. Totally insane.

From there we made our way into Monroe, but seven of us got separated from the main group. It was me and 6 other very high end bikes. We cruised down some back roads to Granite Falls and I was able to keep up the whole way. Made me feel good that me and my bike could keep up with the big boys, even if they were holding back. Once we made it to Granite Falls we regrouped with everyone and had lunch at a little mexican joint in town. We managed to get all our bikes parked in a line outside, it was a pretty cool sight. They weren't expecting 25 hungry guys to show up for lunch, so it took damn near 2 hours to get through lunch. By that time it was starting to get late and a few guys had to get back. So we took a shortcut back to Everett and hit I-5 South to get back to town. Hopped on the Edmonds ferry over to Kingston and was back home by 5 that afternoon.

To be perfectly honest, the riding wasn't all that great. Only got in about 150 miles and there was so much damn traffic that we spent most of the time trying to get around people. Having 25 riders also made it a bit of a pain to keep everyone together. But all that really doesn't matter because I was able to meet a lot of new people and spend a lot of time getting to know some of the other local Ducati guys.

So anyway, here are the pics:

On the ferry ride over in the morning. My bike is in the foreground:

Rock's 1098S, that bike gives me fuckin wood every time I see it:
Getting everyone all gassed up:
All lined up along the side of the road. My bike is in there somewhere.
Lined up outside the mexican joint in Granite Falls for lunch. The red bike in front is a 999R, a seriously tricked out $30k race bike:

No comments: