Thursday, February 15, 2007

First Post!

Well I've begun planning a big motorcycle trip for this Summer and so I figured I should start up a blog to document my planning and adventures. I'm taking the last two weeks of June, and the first week of July off work so that gives me three full weeks to tear ass around and explore the west coast.

Right now my plan is as follows:
- Leave my house Sunday June 17 and spend three days riding down the Washington, Oregon and California coasts stopping along at the redwood forest and any other cool places.
- Ride up to Lake Don Pedro on Wednesday and meet up with some friends of mine and go camping until Sunday.
- Spend the next several days riding back home up through the Cascade mountains, stopping by Crater Lake and Mnt St Helens on the way.

I have a lot to do before I leave. I need to learn how to change the oil in my bike and lube up the chain. Both should be pretty easy, I just need to get down and do it. I also need to buy a new rear tire and rear sprocket and maybe even a new chain. I plan on taking care of those sometime in March.

I have a lot of other crap to buy. I just got my hands on a new tank bag and tail bag so thats taken care of. I just need to figure out how to mount them and get used to riding with the extra weight. I'm also going to need to get a new camera, the one I have just won't cut it. It's several years old and chews through batteries like crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude. Sounds like fun, but the part that I liked best was when you tried to "chat up a hottie" and she showed no interest. Nothing more funny than watching another guy strike out. Especially when he's your half brother. Geoffx@sbcglobal.net